|Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans & Rice Recipe || ||
Recipe type: Crock pot
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 7 hours
Total time: 7 hours 15 mins
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning; transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup, onion, chilies and remaining taco seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Place beans in a small microwave safe-bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until warmed; stir in rice.
- Remove meat and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; stir in sour cream.
- Serve chicken with rice mixture.
- Sprinkle servings with cheese, tortilla chips and cilantro
Recipe by Cooking With Stockpilingmoms at http://www.cookingwithstockpilingmoms.com/index.php/2012/05/tex-mex-chicken-with-black-beans-rice-2/