Found on Pinterest
I love this idea that I found on Pinterest! Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
I love Pretzel Salad and when I found this on Pinterest I knew it was something that I had to share! It is great for the summer, cook outs and picnics! When Strawberries go on sale this is a must prepare dish for me!
|Strawberry Pretzel Salad|
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Cream Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Strawberry Layer
- 2 (3 oz) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen strawberries or 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Be sure to spread it to the edges to seal off the crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
Originally posted at A Few Shortcuts